Intelligent Software Intensive Systems
Today, software engineering methods focus on fast update cycles (e.g. using DevOps). In addition, many tools, such as Node-RED, are available for setting up prototypes quickly by easily connecting a vast amount of heterogeneous devices. As the amount of available data is rising as never before, software can be seen as the "line" that connects the dots. However, producing new software that has been adapted to changing environments still requires a lot of human work. Although "smart" systems tend to be everywhere, the definition of "smartness" in the context of software systems still has no crisp meaning .
At the end of the seminar, you will have an impression how "smart" software engineering methods and software systems can potentially look like. Furthermore, you will be able to back-up buzzwords like "Industry 4.0", "Internet of Things" or "Smart Cities/Home" from a technological and a scientific viewpoint.
This seminar will be supervised by Prof. Dr. Heiner Stuckenschmidt, Dr. Christian Bartelt, Christian Schreckenberger and Fabian Burzlaff.
10. September 2018: Please register for the kick-off meeting by sending two preferred topics and a list of your completed courses (Transcript of Records, CV optional) via mail to Christian Schreckenberger.
12. September 2018: As we can only offer a limited amount of places, you will be informed whether you can participate in this seminar
14. September 2018: Latest possible drop-out date without a penalty (A drop-out after this date will be graded with 5.0)
17. September 2018: Milestone 1 - Kick-Off with supervisors
17-19. October 2018: Milestone 2 - Intermediate Result Presentation (30 % of your final grade)
03. December 2018: Milestone 3 - Submission of your seminar thesis (70 % of your final grade)
Suggested topics (to be finalized)
All of our topics are derived from our onging/future research projects.
|Institute for Enterprise Systems||L15, firstname.lastname@example.org||Office Management|
|Schloss||68131 Mannheim||+49 621 181-3560|